Monday, September 30, 2013

Surprising lack of motivation

Two weeks and counting to the Chicago Marathon! I'm done with all my other races and have nothing to focus on but the marathon, so I should be zoned in, right?

Nope.

Don't get me wrong. I've gotten some training in. The past week and a half has seen me complete a 20 mile run (barely), an 8 mile tempo run, a shortened speed work session (cut short as a precaution because of some knee pain), and a bike ride instead of a run. The problem I'm having is the amount of effort it's taking to get me out of the door. Prior to this, I was worried I would try to cram in too much mileage and over train, but it seems I'm having the opposite issue.

I was supposed to log a 13 mile run over the weekend, but I haven't done it as of yet. Tomorrow is a new day, and hopefully I'll be able to get in that long run along with the rest of my prescribed training runs in the little time I have left.

Maybe what I need is some added motivation. Sounds like it's the right time to watch Spirit of the Marathon- Chicago. If that doesn't work, maybe I'll ban myself from eating Chicago goodies like Portillo's or Lou Malnati's if I don't get the training in.





Witness the power of food.



No comments:

Post a Comment